March 23rd. 2017 — Shelter for a homeless person in Vanier Park.
Circa 1975 — A house in the 1200 block of Davie Street surrounded by apartment blocks from two different eras, the 1940’s and the 1970’s, about to be demolished and replaced by retail stores.
December 1978 — The original pilot-house on Pilot House Road in Caulfeild, West Vancouver. The pilot-house furnished pilots for all the deep-sea ships entering and leaving the port of Vancouver from 1898 until about 1920. They were rowed out to the ships by Thomas Grafton who lived in the cottage. The pilot-house was also a post office and a store and then a private residence until shortly after this picture was taken when it was demolished and replaced with a large home. More about the history of Caulfeild can be found in the West Vancouver Archives HERE
1966 — A few miles to the east of Revelstoke, at the head of the Upper Arrow Lake, there was a small town called, obviously, Arrowhead. When the Keenlyside Dam was finished in 1968 the level of the lake was raised and the town was flooded. There are no buildings left from where in the early part of the century paddlewheelers arrived south east BC and connected with the Canadian Pacific Railway.
Circa 1970 — Long Beach on the west coast of Vancouver Island when people were allowed to camp on the beach and drive their cars from one end to the other.